Approved Federal Government Contractor
Crowley Imaging holds GSA, GPO and NPS contracts for Digitization Services
Since its inception, The Crowley Company has worked with federal, state and local government organizations worldwide to provide scanning equipment, collection analysis and digitization services for document, book, microform and graphic arts media.
GSA Digitization and More
Specific to digitization services in the United States, Crowley Imaging holds certifications and contracts with the General Services Administration (GSA), the Government Publishing Office (GPO) and the National Park Service (NPS). With Crowley Imaging, agencies have the peace of mind to know that their special collections and archives will be converted into any number of electronic formats by an experienced, well-trained staff. Four decades of serving government clients and contracts has resulted in:
- Seasoned imaging experts knowledgeable of ever-changing digitization practices and standards
- Crowley’s unique ability to safely handle and convert material that is rare, one-of-a-kind and/or in decay (ie: vinegar syndrome microfilm; loose bindings; onion skin; etc.)
- A service bureau capable of handling millions of images on a single project and multiple large-volume projects simultaneously
- Crowley Imaging’s flexibility to scan in-house or on-site, as required
- An understanding of Federal and DoD policy on Privacy and HIPPA
- The only company providing digitization services that also manufactures leading production and patron microform scanners (Mekel Technology, Wicks and Wilson and Crowley),ensuring that adjustments to material condition and other specifics can be made on the fly, keeping projects on schedule and on budget
GSA Schedule 36 | Office, Imaging and Document Solutions
With GSA digitization services, Crowley Imaging can provide a comprehensive assessment of existing objectives (archives) to determine the optimal print and preservation solutions for a particular organization within an agency based on the existing workflow and output environment.
Document Conversion Services (51 506)
Crowley Imaging has the proven ability to provide state-of-the-art document conversion services (DCS) to include the scanning of text and graphic images from a wide variety of original media into digital data.
For 40 years, Crowley Imaging has provided digitization from hard copies (books, documents, glass plates and more) or any form of microfilm (microfilm, microfiche, photo negatives, slides, etc.) via microfilm and microfiche scanning services. Our service bureau, located within 30 miles of the nation’s capital, uses only the best in imaging capture hardware and software. Premier scanner brands include Mekel Technology, Wicks and Wilson, InoTec and Zeutschel, ensuring that documents are safe during capture and that the digital output meets and exceeds standard requirements, including FADGI star requirements.
Contract #:????????? 47QSMA18D08PC
GSA Schedule 70 | Information Technology (IT)
Through a longtime partnership with a trusted government solutions provider, the Crowley Company has provided a wide variety of production-level microfilm, microfiche, book, document and overhead scanners meeting GSA Schedule 70 standards. Whether for cultural heritage preservation, records management, Federal digitization compliance or enhanced ?office efficiencies, The Crowley Company can collaborate to offer the highest standard of scanning technology and software. Click here to request a quote.
Government Publishing Office
Crowley Imaging has an approved statement of work (SOW) for digitization and/or metadata/information services that support the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP), the Access to Federal Electronic Information program and other GPO programs administered through Library Services and Content Management (LSCM).
The SOW covers:
- Visual/pictoral materials
- Textual and illustrated materials in print-based formats
- Textual and illustrated materials on film
National Park Service (NPS)
Crowley Imaging has an approved statement of work to provide still digital imaging of paper, photographic, parchment/vellum-based and bound materials? for NPS museum and archival collections.
Read this blog post about Crowley’s preservation and digitization of special collections for Everglades National Park and Big Cypress National Preserve.
Over the decades, Crowley Imaging has provided digitization services and scanning equipment for a wide variety of government agencies and organizations either directly or as a subcontractor.
Notes on a few of these projects can be found in the following blog posts or case studies:
- From Google Alert to Dorothea?Lange (Library of Congress)
- Capturing The History of American Art For Public?Access?(The Smithsonian Archives of American Art)
- Scanning the Rosenberg Diary Under Armed?Guard (United States Holocaust Memorial Museum)